Want to grow food for just you or your family and maybe some friends too? Tired of tilling and weeding and watering? Want to grow a source of safe protein?
Aquaponics Basics and Build Workshop – Brooksville, Florida – March 29 – Registration open
Aquaponics Basics and Build Workship – Mays Landing, New Jersey – Dec. 14 – Rescheduled date TBA
Attend a special one-day class teaching home gardeners how to sustainably grow their own food with aquaponics. Join farmer Gina Cavaliero for a morning classroom session and an afternoon hands-on backyard system build as she teaches what beginner aquaponic gardeners need to know to get started with aquaponics. The day begins with a comprehensive aquaponics basics session and in-depth coverage on:
- Plants—their care, seed starting, nutrient requirements, maintenance and an understanding of garden design and planting schedules.
- Fish—husbandry, fish health and wellness, and the importance of balanced fish-to-plant relationships in aquaponic systems.
- Water quality—the critical management of pH, oxygen and what each living element in an aquaponic system needs to thrive.
- System cycling—step-by-step instructions on cycling a new system to begin growing, and the secrets to avoiding the common error of fish stress.
- Construction—from plumbing to installing liners and bell siphons—all the basic knowledge needed to build a Green Acre HomeHybrid system.
In the afternoon session, students participate in the construction of Green Acre’s HomeHybrid system—an integrated miniature of Green Acre’s flourishing commercial farm system. The HomeHybrid is an exclusive Green Acre design utilizing both deep water culture (DWC) and media bed growing for the ultimate in aquaponic growing versatility for the home gardener.
Each student receives a copy of Green Acre’s Backyard Guide, an educational print companion packed with construction illustrations and details on how to build the HomeHybrid system.
Register for the March 29th class – $179.95 includes the Green Acre Backyard Guide and lunch
- Upon completing the form, you will be redirected to the payment page
- Select the number of attendees and pay via PayPal
- Second attendee discount of $39.95
- You will receive a confirmation within 72 hours of registering for the class
This is what our students have been saying …
“Outstanding course. Well worth the money.” Vaughn Early – Green Acre Grad Oct. 2012
“I’m so thankful that Green Acre Aquaponics put on this course! Thank you for sharing your knowledge!” Jordan Barr – Green Acre Grad Oct. 2012
“Great course! You are both such nice, helpful people!” Patty Walker – Green Acre Grad Oct. 2012
“I thought your presentation was professionally brought forth and down to earth, easy to understand” Ben Rodrquez – Green Acre Grad Oct. 2012
“Thank you for your efforts. You are at the forefront of the Farm Revolution! Good health!” R. Traven, D.C. – Green Acre Grad Oct. 2012
“Thank you guys so much for taking the time to welcome us in to learn from you. You made everything so easy to understand and the booklet and slideshow were so helpful when following along with the lecture. Lunch was amazing! You guys are an inspiration!” Amber Prine – Green Acre Grad Oct. 2012
“I have enjoyed my learning curve. Your teachings on video and live have been very descriptive and easy to follow. Thank you for breaking it all down and spreading the word.” Tim Kenaga – Green Acre Grad Dec. 2012
“Excellent course! Very well presented. Gina is great!” Jack Gritter – Green Acre Grad Dec. 2012
“Extremely informative and great basic design for beginners. I feel that I could now build a system and understand basic functions of operation in order to achieve success in aquaponic gardening.” Bruce Long – Green Acre Grad Dec. 2012
Our students have rated this course a 9.9 out of 10 and every single attendee has said they would recommend our course to their friends. Come and learn aquaponic gardening from those that do aquaponics for a living every day.