April 16th – Brooksville, FL – Green Acre farm – 9am-3:30pm – REGISTRATION CLOSED
- May dates to be announced soon!
- Join our mailing list or follow us on FaceBook to learn of upcoming dates. Thanks!
Learn to build your own highly productive, sustainable backyard aquaponics system in this 1-day class. Attend the premier one-day aquaponics class teaching home gardeners, hobbyists and DIYers how to sustainably grow their own food. Join farmer-instructor Gina Cavaliero of Green Acre Aquaponics for a morning classroom session and an afternoon hands-on backyard system build. Gina teaches beginner aquaponic gardeners exactly how to get started with aquaponics for a no-till, no-weeds, no-irrigation food production system. The morning session includes comprehensive aquaponics basics session and in-depth coverage on:
- Plants—care, seed starting, nutrient requirements, maintenance and an understanding of garden design and planting schedules
- Fish—husbandry, fish health and wellness, and the importance of balanced fish-to-plant relationships in aquaponic systems
- Water quality—critical management of pH, oxygen and living element requirements in an aquaponic system
- System cycling—step-by-step instructions on cycling a new system to begin growing, and the secrets of how to avoid common fish stress
- Construction—all the basic knowledge necessary to build a Green Acre HomeHybrid system—from plumbing to installing liners and bell siphons
The afternoon session includes student participation in the construction of Green Acre’s HomeHybrid system—an integrated miniature of Green Acre’s popular commercial farm system. The HomeHybrid is an exclusive Green Acre design which utilizes deep water culture (DWC) and media bed growing for the ultimate in aquaponic growing versatility for home gardeners. Each student receives a copy of Green Acre’s Backyard Guide, an educational print companion packed with construction illustrations and details on how to build the HomeHybrid system.
On a 1 to 10 scale, student evaluations show the class rates 9.9. Each participating attendee has indicated he or she would recommend the Aquaponics Basics and Build Workshop. Here’s what they have to say about the experience…
Outstanding course. Well worth the money. —Vaughn Early, graduate
I’m thankful Green Acre Aquaponics put on this course. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.—Jordan Barr, graduate
Your presentation is professionally brought forth, down to earth, easy to understand.—Ben Rodrquez, graduate
Thank you for your efforts. You are at the forefront of the farm revolution. Good health!—R. Traven, graduate
Thank you so much for taking the time to welcome us in to learn from you. You made everything easy to understand and the booklet and slideshow were very helpful for following along with the lecture. Lunch was amazing. You are an inspiration.—Amber Prine, graduate
I have enjoyed my learning curve. Your teachings live and on video are very descriptive and easy to follow. Thank you for breaking it all down and spreading the word.—Tim Kenaga, graduate
Excellent course! Very well presented. Gina is great!—Jack Gritter, graduate
Extremely informative and great basic design for beginners. I could now build a system and understand basic functions of operation in order to achieve success in aquaponic gardening.—Bruce Long, graduate
Aquaponics Basics and Build Workshop: $179.95 includes Green Acre’s Backyard Guide and lunch
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Gina Cavaliero is Managing Director of Green Acre Aquaponics overseeing farm business operations and managing sales, marketing, food safety and the Green Acre Harvest For You! online produce store. Gina is passionate about education. She is the developer and director of the Green Acre aquaponic training program, in which entrepreneurs learn to replicate and operate her hybridized aquaponic family farm model.
Gina is Cofounder and inaugural Chairman of The Aquaponics Association. She created the organization to promote the growing aquaponics industry with education and outreach. Whole heartedly dedicated to the mission of advancing aquaponics, Gina created the organization’s Food Safety Committee in an effort to help overcome current hurdles facing the aquaponics industry with regard to food safety certification.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Complete the registration form below. You will then be redirected to the payment page.
- When prompted, select the number of attendees. You can then pay via PayPal.
- SPECIAL! Want to bring a friend or family member to the class? Take advantage of the second attendee rate—$140.00 (a $39.95 discount).
- All confirmation emails will be received within 72 hours of registration.
PLEASE NOTE: In the event of a student cancelling, refunds are not available on one day class registrations and fees will be applied to a future class. Class will be held rain or shine unless there is a threat of severe weather. In that case, class will be rescheduled to the nearest available weekend day. In the event of a schedule conflict, students may either elect to attend a future class or receive a refund.